Why Choose Mauka Technology?
You may find it interesting that our answer does not lead off with something about technical excellence. While we are technically excellent, there are more important reasons to work with us. We are dedicated to customer success, and success or failure of software seldom comes down to technical excellence.
Success or failure comes down to a couple of things – so we answer this way: You should choose Mauka because we understand
- Business preparation
- Software alignment with the business objectives.
Read my recent experience here
There are many development options available. Some are great – some are not. Software alone is not the determining factor for success. It just isn’t. The determining factors are planning and alignment with business objectives. And that comes down to, honestly, experience.
In a Word, Experience
It is our experience that sets us apart. We have broad and deep experience in a number of technologies, a number of industries, a number of business areas, and various roles in each of these. While we are excellent technically, we thrive on collaborating with our customers in applying software to solve very interesting business problems or creating really interesting software products and services.
- Software products
- Medical diagnostics
- Newspaper – media
- Discrete manufacturing
- Business intelligence
- Executive leadership
- Sales Operations
- Product management
Our Delivery Model
Mauka Technology employs a proprietary delivery model to achieve critical business objectives. The delivery model is derived from years of cross-industry experience, true lifecycle management experience, and our involvement in various software development methodologies. We have seen what works, what does not work, how various industries mitigate risk and solve problems, and we have lived with the decisions we have made – so we understand the impact of our decisions.
The Mauka Delivery Model is a gated process. The three most critical business objectives that our delivery model addresses are:
- Business Alignment
- Cost Management
- Risk Mitigation
There is a very good chance that we are highly qualified to build the software you are looking to build. But if we aren’t we will let you know that. Furthermore, we will help find you someone who can.
- Mobile applications
- Smart watches
- Other wearables
- Web applications
- Data management and data analytics
- Process integrations
Commitment to Success
Intellectual Property (IP) is a product of the customer’s investment. Often overlooked, Mauka preserves customer IP in several ways.
- Preserve all documentation, materials and business rules
- All code, and code history, is available to the customer at all times
- There is no re-use of customer “code-for-hire” with other customers
- Copyright statements in all code and materials
- Support for any patent application or legal needs
No Vendor Lock-in
We do not believe in vendor lock-in. In fact, we believe that it should be as easy as possible for a customer to switch software development strategies. We have been in the customers’ shoes – more than once.
- Easy to transfer all code and infrastructure to the customer, or to another development firm, if needed
- Full technical and business documentation
- Standard coding practices make it easy for another team to assume development or maintenance
All Mauka developed software is designed from the ground up with the future in mind.
- Transfer of development and maintenance to the customer
- Transfer of development and maintenance to a 3rd party
- Audits for Private Equity, M&A or other exit or equity events
- Valuation of the software
"I personally invite you to check out Mauka Technology. We promise to be helpful, whether you choose to work with us or not."
Jeff Newman, CEO Mauka Technology