The Web Application Development service delivers a complete, specialized web application to the customer. Complete means that the web application is fully market-ready and will realize the business goals for which it was intended. Web applications may be
- Internal facing
- External facing, such as B2C or B2B
This development service spans the entire early application and business lifecycle – from Idea through Release-to-Market.
The Power of Web Applications
Web applications bring the power of a desktop application to the browser. These complex applications often integrate numerous services and APIs to create high-value software that runs anywhere the user may be. Additionally, web applications can be created to respond to smaller form screens (responsive web) so that some features can be available on smartphones and tablets. Web applications are best suited for complex workflows that need to be delivered over the web. Some examples are:
- Internal, productivity applications that consolidate and simplify processes or workflows
- External applications that allow customers or vendors to perform self-serve processes or workflows
Our Delivery Model
Mauka leverages our Certus™ product operating system in all of our software development services. Certus is the result of our internal research program and was created to solve the problem of high failure rates in software product development.
- Lower risk
- Lower cost
- Great business alignment
No obligation - No vendor lock-in
In keeping with our core principle of treating others as we would want to be treated, there is no obligation working with Mauka. There are no long-term contracts. Customers may stop work with Mauka with 30 day notice.
No Vendor Lock-in
We do not believe in vendor lock-in. In fact, we believe that it should be as easy as possible for a customer to switch software development strategies. We have been in the customers’ shoes – more than once.
- Easy to transfer all code and infrastructure to the customer, or to another development firm, if needed
- Full technical and business documentation
- Standard coding practices make it easy for another team to assume development or maintenance
Owning a web application is complex. There are numerous accounts and platforms involved in the creation and delivery of a web application. The work required to maintain the software and the infrastructure is non-stop and non-ending. Many of our customers are not familiar with these requirements and have a primary business to run. We want customers to confidently pursue their ideas. That is why we offer web application hosting for a flat monthly fee. We take on the complexity and work required to keep the customer application running.
- Infrastructure support
- Full application maintenance (see the maintenance section, below)
- Application tuning and optimization
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity (DR/BC)
- Application monitoring and alerts
- A set number of business consultation hours
- A set number of development hours for minor changes
The maintenance service, billed monthly, helps the customer web application run smoothly and free of interruption. The maintenance plan is included in the Hosting Option.
- Evaluation and upkeep of 3rd party published changes, such as changes by Apple, Google, Facebook, and others that may affect the function of the customer’s web application.
- Web application monitoring, alerts and notifications